Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Return of Dr. Sketchy

I can't explain to you how much I've missed the presence of burlesque models on a life drawing stage.

Yesterday I got to get out to Dr. Sketchy once again - just now in Ottawa! It's so great to find out when events like this happen right around the corner. Could not be happier to have a permanent Monday life drawing day!

This month's theme was Marie Antoinette.


A few of the drawings of the night were themed. The above was themed after (a translation of) Marie Antoinette's last words: "Excuse me sir, I didn't mean to do it."



The image above on the right was themed "an incorporation of cake".


Above on the left the theme was "find a creative way to decapitate Marie". I kind of used it as a jumping off point. Hopefully I'll have some time to turn that image into a print (that I will put up for sale in my store), because I love the way it turned out. 



Well I hope you enjoyed the sketch dump! I've been busy with a bit of freelance recently, but I should be posting more soon!

4 comments:

Dean Heezen said...

Awesome Nichole!
I hope you can go more often :)

Jez Tuya said...

These are fantastic, yo!. Digging the lines/shapes/pose/everything

Colleen said...

Cool stylized drawings! Dr.Sketchy is awesome!

Nic said...

Thanks guys! And Colleen - Dr. Sketchy is the best! :D So glad to be back.